School Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
The SHAC is a group appointed by Valley View ISD to serve at a district level. The SHAC ensures that local community values are reflected in health education instruction. For more information about a SHAC, please visit the Texas Department of State Health Services.
December 4, 2019 @ 3:50 pm (VVHS Library)
SHAC AGENDA for 12/4/19
- Read and approve minutes from previous meeting
- Cafeteria Services update
- Student Health Services update
- Physical Education update
- Educational Programs update
- Review Wellness Policy/Plan
- Other Business
Statements Regarding TEX. Educ. Code 28.004(k)
- District polices ensure that elementary and middle school students engage in the amount and level of physical activity required by Education Code 28.002(l).
- The SHAC met two times during the 2018-2019 school year.
- VVISD complies with Texas Education Agency's vending machine and food service guidelines for restricting student access to vending machines.
- VVISD has adopted and enforces policies that prescribe penalties for the use of e-cigarettes and tobacco products by students and others on school campuses or at school-sponsored events.
- Parents may request in writing their child's physical fitness assessment results at the end of the school year.