Valley View ISD will update this page with all information pertaining to COVID-19 and VVISD.
All announcements, surveys and information may be found here.
Surveys are at the bottom of the page and please complete if you have not already.
- 05/22/2020 To help students maintain learning during this summer, VVISD is offering an OPTIONAL summer school program. For more information visit https://www.vvisd.net/41721
- 05/21/2020 The UIL has approved schools to begin summer strength and conditioning programs on June 8th. We are awaiting specifics on what we can or cannot do at this point. As soon as we have received that information and feel it is safe for our student athletes, we will post a schedule.
The information for summer strength and conditioning and sport specific training is at the following link:
The information for summer marching band practices and rehearsals is at the following link:
- 05/11/2020 Times have been scheduled for students who need to return school-owned materials (textbooks, library books, band instruments, athletic hear, etc.) and/or pick-up personal items that were left in lockers (athletic, band, etc.). This will take place at the Competition Gym. Please enter the parking lot through the main gate off the service road and pull up to the Competition Gym entrance. In order to maintain safety, we ask that you stay in your vehicle and everything will be brought to you.
Tuesday, May 26th – Last name beginning with A-L (11:00 am - 1:00 pm, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
Wednesday, May 27th – Last name beginning with M-Z (11:00 am - 1:00 pm, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
- 05/05/2020 The next instructional material pick up will take place on Monday, May 11th. Parents may pick up materials between the hours of 11 AM - 1 PM or 4 PM - 6PM. Pickup will take place at the elementary gym on Newton St. All parents of students in grades Pre K - 4 will need to pick up paper instructional packets. If your student had anything left in their desk or locker it will be sent home with the packet.
Students in grades 5 -12 that have indicated the need for paper instructional packets will have them available for pickup as well.
Please remain in your cars for your safety and your packets will be delivered to you. In order to streamline the process please have the name and grade of the student's packets that you are picking up displayed in your vehicle.
Recordatorio para los padres
La próxima distribución de paquetes de instrucción se llevará a cabo el lunes 11 de mayo. El horario será entre las 11 a.m. y la 1 p.m. o entre las 4 p.m. y las 6 p.m. y se llevará a cabo en el gimnasio de la escuela primaria en la calle Newton. Todos los padres de estudiantes en los grados Pre K - 4 deberán recoger paquetes de instrucción. Si a su estudiante en los grados Pre K - 4 se le quedó algo en su escritorio o casillero(locker), será enviado a casa con el paquete.
Los estudiantes en los grados 5-12 que han indicado la necesidad de paquetes de instrucción en papel también los tendrán disponibles para recoger.
Permanezca en sus automóviles para su seguridad y se le entregarán sus paquetes. Para simplificar el proceso, tenga el nombre y el grado del estudiante por el cual está recogiendo el paquete en su vehículo.
- 04/16/2020 The next instructional material pick up will take place on Monday, April 20th. Parents may pick up materials between the hours of 11 am – 1 pm or 4 pm – 6 pm. Pickup will take place at the elementary gym on Newton St. All parents of students in grades Pre K – 4 will need to pick up paper instructional packets. Students in grades 5 – 12 that have indicated the need for paper instructional packets will have them available for pickup as well. Please remain in your cars for your safety and your packets will be delivered to you.
- 04/14/2020 Meal distribution days have changed to limit contact between staff and parents. Beginning this week meals will be distributed on Mondays and Thursdays only. Monday’s distribution will included meals for Monday through Wednesday. Thursday’s distribution will include meals for Thursday and Friday.
- Distance Learning Help Center – Please use this form to submit any questions you may have about technology, instructional materials, or resources available through Distance Learning.
- 04/02/2020 Due to new TEA rules, we can extend the 5th six weeks until the end of the school year. All new grades taken during Distance Learning will go into the 5th six weeks grading period along with the grades your students already have. We will continue to send out 3 week progress reports for students. These 3 week notices will be sent home on April 20th and May 11th. Click here for more information or visit the Distance Learning Grading page on the left menu.
The next instructional packet pickup date will be April 20th.
- 03/31/2020 Valley View ISD has partnered with Nortex Communication and has put a Free Public WIFI access point on the north side of the school. This free WIFI is available to anyone, but is intended to help any student that has a device but no internet access at home. The student can drive up and upload their assignments in either north parking lots of the school and access the internet. Just select Nortex Public WIFI and accept the term of service and connect.
For information on Online Distance Learning Access for Middle School Students click here.
For information on Online Distance Learning Access for High School Students click here.
- 03/30/2020 On Monday, March 30, 2020, Cooke County Superintendents made the decision to extend the current district wide closures through Friday, April 17.
Cooke County schools and offices are scheduled to reopen on Monday, April 20. Administrative teams in each district will continue to evaluate the recommendations of the Cooke County Health Department as well as the Center for Disease Control to determine whether a longer closure beyond April 17 will be necessary. Students, parents and staff are urged by their leaders to remain vigilant in their efforts to stay healthy and stay at home.
During this time, teachers will continue to provide distance learning opportunities as well as printed packets in order to continue to provide instructional support during the closure.
- 03/28/2020 Instructional material pick up will take place on Monday, March 30th. Parents may pickup materials between the hours of 10 AM - 1 PM or 4PM - 6PM. Pickup will take place at the elementary gym on Newton St.
All parents of students in grades Pre K - 4 will need to pick up paper instructional packets. Students in grades 5 - 12 that indicated they do not have internet access will have paper instructional packets. Copies of online login information will be available for pick up for all other students in grades 5 - 12.
Please remain in your cars for your safety and your packets will be delivered to you. We are aware that the weather forecast includes rain on Monday, so please be patient with us in this process.
NOTICE TO PARENTS REGARDING DISTANCE LEARNING – English
AVISO A LOS PADRES CON RESPECTO AL APRENDIZAJE A DISTANCIA – Spanish
- 03/23/2020 VVISD will begin operating a curb-side lunch/breakfast pick up program on March 25, 2020. Those 0-18 years of age may pick up their meals at no cost from noon to 1:00 in the parking area north of the HS gymnasium. Those qualifying must be present to be served. Questions about this service may be directed to email@example.com. Call 940-726-3659 ext.131
- 03/20/2020 VVISD will be providing a curb-side lunch/breakfast pickup program beginning Wednesday, March 25th. Pickup will be available from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. in the parking area on the north side of the gym. Please contact your child's school on Monday if possible to let them know if you plan to participate.
- The District is still finalizing plans on how and when to implement instructional support for our students. The planning process will be underway during the week of March 23-27 and may extend into the next week. An announcement will be posted next week regarding the start date. During the planning process you will be contacted by your child’s teacher regarding the availability of technology, etc. so that we may determine the most effective delivery system.
- 03/19/2020 Governor Abbott orders Texas schools closed through April 3, 2020.